Thursday, April 16, 2009

A mostly wip stitching update

If anyone's curious, yes, I managed to get ot the post office yesterday before closing. Waited in line for almost an hour. There is one person in front of me when one of the postal people announce "If you already have postage on your envelope and only wanted it postmarked for today bring your letter up and leave it on the counter". Yup, you guessed. Waiting for an hour to make sure my taxes are post marked April 15th and I already had the stamps. Oh well. It's done.

Now for lots of stitchy pics for today. No finishes but a few are close. So by next week I am hoping for some finishes.

Most of the wording is done and I just need to concentrate on the border. I just love what this says. This one will look so pretty in my living room.

The Rain Fell by Little House Needleworks.

I had hoped to finish this one last week. But it wasn't meant to be. Between my work deadlines and running out of two colors (the green was one) it was hopeless. I'll pick up the green (or one as close as possible) tonight when I go to the sit and stitch at my LNS. Oh well, maybe the next SAL on my Yahoo LHN/CCN group will be the one that I actually finish on time.

The Traveling Stitcher by Little House Needleworks

I had put this one aside for a couple of week until my dear, dear friend, Deborah, caught up to me. We are doing this one as a SAL. She has made fantastic progress so it's time for me to catch up or she will finish before me.

This is one of my newer starts. Actually the one that had a small line in the post from March 30th. (click on the date and got to the end of the post) I had asked if anyone could guess which pattern I had started. No one did. (Not that I really expected anyone to with the little bit I had done.)

I have made a bit of progresson it. Can anyone guess now???

This is a photo of the exchange I received from Emily in the needle and floss exchange we were in.

Now that my busy time at work is over I can begin to wade through the many emails that have piled up. And all the blog posts and group posts that I haven't had time for. So if you have emailed me and were waiting for a reply. I'll get there soon. I hope.

Until next time..............

Love and stitches

Kathy

15 comments:

Mel said...

All looking great Kathy!
And what a cute exchange! :)

Carolyn NC said...

Love the stitching! I also love that particular quote. This is a pretty design - whose is it? You're making great progress on the TS and Rain. WTG

Unknown said...

Beautiful stitching!
Heidi-ILCS

Meari said...

Your WIPs are pretty, Kathy. I really like the opalescent fabbies. Nice exchange, too.

Alice said...

I love the pattern with the wording. So true. Well, you said you were so busy at work and you still got all this stitching done? Ok, I accept, I am not a patch on you. Everything looks great.
Alice

Cindy F. said...

I love that saying too! All your wips are wonderful! And that is really a great exchange from Emily!
Beautiful floss colors and I love the lotion!

Donna said...

Love all your WIP's. And that was a great Exchange. Congrats!

Debra said...

Great progress on all your wips.
DLS

Gabi said...

Wow, you made quite some progress on all your wips. Pity that you ran out of color for "The Rain Fell" Love the fabric you're stitching this one on. And you better hurry up with your traveling stitcher...lol....Deborah had quite some progress on that one (before she fell in love with the doll house LOL)

Tracey said...

As always your work is beautiful Kathy! Don't feel bad about having to catch up- my in-laws were here a week ago and I am still working on it. :)

Vicky L said...

Your stitching is coming out great. Your exchange looks wonderful. I know the designer of the last wip but not sure of the pattern yet. It's a LHN, right?

Rene la Frog said...

Great stitching as usual. My guess on the WIP is LHN "Home of a Needleworker Too". I love that design but then I love most of their stuff.

Unknown said...

All your stitching is really lovely!

Shelley - ILCS said...

Your WIPs are very pretty. Congrats on the great exchange!

Nancy M said...

Definitely HofaN2!!! Can't figure out how you made so much progress on all these during your "busy" time! Good grief woman!!! Will love to see your update when you're stitching all day!