Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Post 12

It's a blah, damp and dreary Tuesday. And very hard to get motivated. I had hoped to have some stitching to show off but, alas, the only thing I got done all weekend was for an exchange. I'll show it after it arrives at its destination.

My Saturday was my usual round of laundry and shopping for the week. So I have all the ingredients for Thursday. Thanksgiving will be a quiet one with just my Mom and I. Oh, and Rosie the cat too. And that's okay. More leftovers for me. LOL

Sunday I had hoped to get the stitching done for another gift but the frogs were out in force. I probably spent as much time ripping out stitches as putting them in. :( Another piece that I started I just don't like the way it looks. Even with a floss toss prior to stitching I don't care for the way the white is looking so it's back to the drawing board. I hate when that happens. Sigh.

That pretty much sums up the weekend.

It's Tuesday and only one more day to go. I love short work weeks. :) I only hope we get out early tomorrow so I can get a start on the turkey dressing.

A tradition in my family is my Mom's recipe for sausage and chestnut dressing which we only make once a year. It is extremely labor intensive but oh so delicious. Yummmmmmmmm. Now that Mom can't make it she supervises while I do all the work. I complain but love to eat it just the same. :)

I am so looking forward to the four day weekend. I only hope that those pesky frogs stay away so I can get some quality stitching done. I have six ornaments I'd like to stitch up and finish. :)

Until next time. I'll leave you with a photo after all. My Mom's pride and joy, Rosie. (oh excuse me, Stormwatch Sunset Kiley Rose is her official name. She gets very proper when she's first introduced. )
Love and stitches

Kathy

4 comments:

Carolyn NC said...

Sorry about the frogs - hope you get some good stitching in this holiday. Dressing sounds delicious - and the pic of Rosie is gorgeous!

Nancy M said...

I nice quiet Thanksgiving sounds nice! Mine wouldn't be the same with the homemade dressing either. Have a great 4 days with lots of rest and recharging the batteries!And of course no visits from the frogs!

Irene said...

My Mom doesn't cook anymore and I sure do miss her dressing. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.

Anonymous said...

Rose is so regal! Happy Thanksgiving my friend.